About state-funded coverage

While Medicaid covers an extensive amount of IDDIDD stands for intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. If someone has been diagnosed with an IDD, they may display speech and language challenges, mobility limitations, or learning delays. Learn more about IDD./MH/SUDA substance use disorder (SUD) is an addiction to or misuse of drugs, alcohol, or other substances. Some organizations may also refer to this as a substance abuse disorder (SAD). services, some services fall outside typical Medicaid approval. If you are not eligible to receive Medicaid or if there is a service you need that is not covered by Medicaid, you may be able to get help through state-funded services.

Levels of state-funded coverage are based on your needs and history. In certain cases, you may be subject to a sliding-scale fee, which means you may be responsible for some of the cost.


Who is eligible

To be eligible for state-funded services, you must:

  • Not have Medicaid or adequate private health insurance.
  • Need a service that is not covered by Medicaid.
  • Meet specific income requirements.

How to get started

Your first step is to call our Member Line. Our team can help you get started, find a provider, and answer your questions about the process. Just call us at 1-833-580-1965.

More resources

State-funded services guide
Available services
Member and family handbook

If you need extra supports that are not covered in an approved state-funded plan, you may be able to receive Alternative services. Through Alternative service categories, we are able to change or create new services to better meet our members’ needs.

To be eligible for Alternative services, you must meet certain requirements specific to each service. Call us at 1-833-580-1965 to learn more.


Locate a provider near you.

Join our member newsletter